Perch Trip Help Needed ? Perch Trip Help Needed ? Perch Trip Help Needed ? Perch Trip Help Needed ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch Trip Help Needed ?

Fellow Fishers, I have heard many good things about the perch fishing near Geneva, Ohio area and would like to try our luck. Wife and I never fished Ohio waters for perch, mainly in Michigan. We would like to camp for a few days and have a 18' deep-v walleye boat. I am looking for advice for the best time of the year to fish for perch, where to camp, launch boat and any general areas and presentations are appreciated. We are both retired so time doesn't matter. Any help in making this a successful trip would be deeply appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from PA and we camp at lampe camp ground, lampe marina is right beside, this is right at the presque isle bay area entering the lake, it is great perch and walleye fishing, they run perch head boats from the bay area, If the lake gets ruff you just go into the bay and fish perch, bass, ect... check it out...
    Rick
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Moldman, If you want some good Ohio perch fishing I would suggest fishing out of Conneaut Harbor. I've fished perch off of Ashtabula, Geneva and Conneaut. Conneaut always seems like the go to place when Geneva and Ashtabula fishing isn't good. I'm not sure about where to camp at around Conneaut and I know dockage is at a premium there. Ashtabula does have plenty of dockage and several campsites nearby to choose from. I would suggest a late August early September date for a chance at some good fishing. Always remember that if you do stay in Ashtabula if you want to fish off of Conneaut or Geneva is just a short boat ride away. Hope this info helps and good fishing to you.

Capt. Jeff
    2010 Baha Cruiser 277 GLE
    Call and book a trip today 724-624-0662

Post Thanks / Like

Evergreen camp ground in Conneauet Ohio is a good place to camp . Only two & half miles from lake . A lot of fisherman there . Also Snug harbor bait & tackle has a day by day report of where & how to catch them .Just call & they will give a report . Good perc all the time ,a bit larger in Aug through Oct .