looking 4 walleye looking 4 walleye looking 4 walleye looking 4 walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default looking 4 walleye

wondering if anyone fished thur or friday 4 walleye? Thinking about fishing sat. out of GEneva ashtabula or fairport,would appreciate any help or fishing report.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Today was not the day to be on the lake. I know charter captains who either didn't go or came back in early because of lake conditions and few fish. One captain told me today was his last walleye day and he was tearing things down and calling it a season. I don't want to believe that. I watched the wind and the waves until 2PM and said tomorrow will be a better day. God willing I will be at the Geneva ramp at 6:30 AM tomorrow. Call me on Ch.68. Website to check out is "Ashtabula Maritime Museum". It has a live feed of the Ashtabula breakwall. I know. I watched the waves going over the wall and the white water off shore into the afternoon before I cancelled my trip.

Post Thanks / Like

DR ED thats abummer im not sure about sat we will definitely be there sunday let me know how u do. i will call if we get out tomorrow we wont get there till 8am good luck

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to save gas and time. Went to 42.06 and 48 to find fish on the graph. Started trolling south from 42.11 and 49 down to the .06. One sheephead. NO WALLEYE! We tried everything.The most fish I heard caught was two on a green worm harness but only five boats were working the area. The lake was rough early but smoothed out for the ride home. Good luck tomorrow. I took the boat home to clean it for our return to Conneaut and the steelhead. Keep in tough.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry 2 here about the bite didnt make it out todayweather 4 tomorrow doesnt sound 2 good.walleye r probably to fairport im going 2 make some calls tomorrow see what i can ind out.let me know i u hear anything.Whats up with steelhead bite at conneaut? do u troll in the harbor?inside or outside the breakwall?never fished 4 steel there.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the latest as of 5 minutes ago. Many walleye being caught around the perch pack yesterday off Conneaut. Many steelhead up the river. I troll the shipping channel and inside and outside the breakwall. Best results are outside the west wall and anywhere in the channel with 3/8 oz Cleos and 1/2 oz KO Wobblers trolled 80-100' back as slow as you can go. I"m planning on moving the boat up there tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

my father and i will be at conneaut 2 morrow. Thanks 4 the info hope 2 talk 2 u tomorrow. we will b going 4 walleye weather permiting.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Walleye season is not over and we proved it. The perch pack at Conneaut is 6 miles due north out of the harbor. Just north of them are walleye from the 05 to the 07 in 72' of water. Both boats caught fish. Crankbaits were the only lures working. We didn't limit out but we didn't get skunked either altho the lake was flat. Can't wait to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default conneaut boat launch

thinking about heading that way Saturday and Sunday. where would u suggest we launch from? would u recommend renting a slip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish on

DR ED bite picked up around 5;30 we ended up with17.wire line 350 to 300 rigger 51 dipseys 153 to 160 firetiger renoski"s long As on the wire took the most black and silver& sunglasses.Idont know if u noticed the birds feeding white bass pushingbait 2 the surface walleyes sitting under them taking advantage of the easy pickins.ASsoon as we moved lures up it was fish on took 2 at 40FT PRETTY SURE we could have taken fish in the top 30FT but time ran out .we fished from 1 till 7;30 not a bad day 4 such a slow start FISH ON! LET ME KNOW WHEN UR GOING AGAIN