Quiet Website Quiet Website Quiet Website Quiet Website
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quiet Website

Post Thanks / Like

Question Quiet Website

I heard from good authority today that walleye are being caught off Cranberry Creek Marina in Huron. My question is, "Where are the reports???" The western basin site has new reports flowing in every day and I know all the walleye aren't staying over there. I will say that yesterday walleye from the island area ended up in my freezer and frying pan today.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc, I have too agree with you. I talk on the Western Basin website occasionally & more than the Central site (even though I fish both places. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the Central Basin last year). It does seem like the participants on the Western Basin site are more than willing to share information & are more talkative. Even when the walleye, perch, smallies & steelhead are being caught in the Central Basin there's not much conversation on this site. It all seems very secretive. The Charter Captains on the Western Basin site are also very helpful & willing to divulge tips & tactics. The difference between the 2 sites is very different.

When I fish the Central Basin I've met numerous fishermen/women at the docks & hotels we stay at & they can also tight lipped when it comes to tips or locations. If I'm catching fish & I meet someone who isn't I don't mind helping someone out. It's a huge lake & there are plenty of fish to go around. We all want to catch fish. That's why we spend all this money & time. It's a shame.

With all the new technology it seems like it's gotten worse. No one talks on the radio anymore. "Call me on my cell. I have information for you". This is the norm anymore. We're not always fishing in tournaments. Lord forbid someone gives out a bit of information to the masses.

Be safe & good luck to all!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great post ripnlip I agree, I guess greed has alot to do with it, no matter where I've been fishing I have always tried to pass on information. Have even given away quite a few lures over the years

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Info doesn't consistently flow onto this site for the Central Basin. It's funny, because I shared info and see a lot of views, but no replies.... I've tried over the years and am still always willing to help where I can, when there is dialogue.

Post Thanks / Like

Update on Huron. After 5 days of slow fishing with mostly short walleye and huge sheephead I am moving the boat to Geneva and hope to be able to give you some good reports in the next few days. The guys doing well went to the 24 Line aka Canadian border north 19 miles. I hate boating....

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Geneva Saturday straight north and trolled east in 48-56' of water pulling cranks, harnesses and spoons...1 keeper, several throw backs, lost 2 big ones at the back of the boat and 1 steelhead. Sunday I started out where I left off the day before and continue east until I was just east of the stacks at Bula, ventured out to 65' of water with very similar results. Sunday I was surrounded by charter boats, but I never saw them grab for a net and the talk at the dock was pretty much the same story. I'm heading back up Thursday evening and plan to be on the water before the sun comes up on Friday with high hopes of better fishing. I'll be on ch68 and if I get anything going, I'll gladly share info.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out of lorain hotwaters ramp saturday. Fished west of dumping grounds away from the pack 52 fow water. 50/50 method with a 3 0z and 1.5 0z snap on weight. So 4.5 Oz. We were running 4 rods and after 9am we couldn't keep all poles in water. Kept 10 keepers and to many shorts to count. Not alot of junk. Double willow harness. Pinks and purples. 1.5. 1.9mph. Stopped at 11:20 bc of bugs Quiet Website-20160618_131450-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

My own thinking is that the lack of activity here is catching. If the number of posts start to increase then that will regenerate this forum. If the posts reduce it spirals down.

We share our info good and bad on Channel 79 when on the Lake which is most Saturday's.

i don't think folk are keeping quiet on purpose, just that activity generates activity and there is just not enough activity on this forum.

Our plan for Sat 6/25 is to head to the SE part of the Sandbar.
    With fish marked we will start with harness's with 2 or 3 oz inlines and Dipsy's pulling Stinger spoons.
    We will play with speeds of 1.5 up to 2.5 mph.
    if we find a feeding pod and a program that works we will switch most lines to that program.

We will post the result here on Sun 6/26.
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

Post Thanks / Like

Let the fun begin. Went NE out of Geneva for 4 miles, found marks but few takers and they were small except for one on a Jager Bomb spoon back 90' on a dipsey on a "2" setting. I trolled north for almost 4 miles seeing marks but no hits. Heard on the radio after 2 hours with no production that fish were being caught between Ashtabula and Conneaut in 46 to 52 FOW so I asked myself why not off Geneva. I was right and culled out a few from about 20 eyes, the last one only 1.5 miles from the ramp. Most were taken on willow blade watermelon harnesses 75' to 100' back off dipseys on a "2" setting at 1.8 mph going due west 2-3 miles east of Geneva. Cannot wait to go back...

Post Thanks / Like

Question S.o.s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    I heard from good authority today that walleye are being caught off Cranberry Creek Marina in Huron. My question is, "Where are the reports???" The western basin site has new reports flowing in every day and I know all the walleye aren't staying over there. I will say that yesterday walleye from the island area ended up in my freezer and frying pan today.
    Happy Birthday America!!! It is now the 4th of July, the boat is in Geneva, the lake is fishable and still no reports. I don't get it. I know some fish are being caught because I hear it on the radio. I know because I mentioned that I found a nice one due north on the O2 line taken on a UV NASCAR spoon off a dipsey.
    I also do not understand why there are so few American flags being flown. I fly the colors on my house and on the antenna of my boat 24/7. I don't take my freedom for granted and I thank all who made that freedom possible. God Bless America.....